Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Yarn Wreath

Obviously from this blog, you know that I am a scrapbooker. I am not sure if that is a verb or not, I may be making the word up, but I love creating cool and pretty things with paper and all sorts of items. I have been "Cropping" with a group of friends for a few years now, and every once in a while we come up with a challenge for the group. Katie thought it would be a good idea to get a jump on some Christmas crafts, so she suggested a Yarn Wreath challenge. I did not make it to the crop last month, but I did take on the challenge. I pinned a bunch of ideas from pinterest, which you are welcome to go and explore, and finally settled on an idea. Here is the base of the wreath.
Here are some of the felt flowers I added.
Here is the wreath with the flowers alone.
Here is the nest I crocheted for the bird.
Then I decorated the bird, using Zentangle inspired art. The Zentangle® Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.
And finally, the finished project, I am pretty pleased with this as a first attempt at a yarn wreath.
Hope you like it as much as I do. As always, Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment