Monday, September 1, 2014

Yarn, my latest passion!

Hi again, it's been a while since I posted anything. Not that it hasn't been on my mind, I've just been super busy with work and life!! Ruby my 90 year old Mother in Law came to live with us in December. She is showing me how to crochet. My Nana taught me the basics, many years ago, but I never did anything with it and wanted to gain some experience with different things. So Ruby and I have been trying out different patterns and learning different stitches. Here is some of our labors of love.
Ruby is much better at crochet than I am, she has been doing it for a long time. She is tackling more difficult stitches. It is fun to see what she is working on when I get home from work each day, and she is a perfectionist, so if it isn't exactly right, she will rip it out and re-do it. I have learned a lot with her here. Here are some flowers and doily patterns we have been trying as well. So much fun, and such a great way to bond with each other. Alvin and I love having her here. We are very blessed that she is as active as she is and everyone loves her as much as we do!
I will try to be better about posting, until next time, Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment