Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hi, you may not know that I have another blog, our photography blog that can be viewed at ourartisticimpressions.blogspot.com.  In any case, we are expanding our repertoire of what we photograph, to include children, especially infants.  With that said, I am trying to come up with some cute ideas and things to use in the photos.

I have been knitting and sewing for many years, and found an adorable pattern for a hat that I have made several variations of, that I want to share with you here.


This is the first version.  These were the colors in the original pattern and I was pleased with the way it turned out, so I made some others.


This strawberry version may be my favorite.  It will be easier to know when I get to use it in a shoot with it on a baby.


This pumpkin version is the one I just finished, and I think they are all so cute, I can't wait to see how they work out.

I have also finished a couple of baby blankets, that I have been giving to friends who are expecting.  Seems like lately, everyone is having boys!!



These knit up pretty quickly using 4-5 skeins of yarn at a time, on really large needles.  It was a pattern my sister shared with me, and between the two of us, we have made a lot of them.  One of my co-workers said that it is the only blanket her son likes and he takes it everywhere.

The last pictures I will share with you today, are of a needle holder I just made.  My old needle holder fell apart, after many, many years of wear and tear, so this is just a needle roll that holds all of my needles and has a pocket for the small miscellaneous things that didn't fit anywhere else.



As you can see, I have been pretty busy.  I like to have things like this that don't take too much time and I can do when I am sitting around watching TV, which isn't very often.

I hope that this may inspire some creativity in you, and if not, I hope you enjoy seeing the results what I do to keep myself sane.  Working on something creative keeps me grounded.  I get a lot of satisfaction creating things, and even more pleasure when I can share them with others.

Until next post, happy crafting! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment